What is Copywriting – and why do you need to invest your hard earned money in it?
First thing’s first: Let’s look at the term’s very definition…
Copywriting is written content conveyed through both online media and print materials, primarily used for the purpose of advertising or marketing. Specifically, this type of written material is often used to persuade a person or group as well as raise brand awareness.
So…What kind of Content Can a Copywriter Create for My Business?
- Magazine Ads
- Social Media Ads
- Website Copy
- Landing Page Copy
- Sales & Marketing Content for your Mobile App
- Brochure Copy
- Email Marketing Content
- Terms of Agreement/Rules
- Digital Ad Copy
- New or Refreshed Corporate Mission Statements
- Product Packaging
…and more! The list is nearly endless these days.
How do I know what makes a good copywriter when I decide to hire one?
- They’re versatile.
- They’re self motivated.
- They’re great client communicators.
- They’re diligent and deadline friendly.
- They know when to ask for help. File this under “great communicator”.
- They have mastered “precision without perfectionism”.
- They have a visible passion for the job.
- They’re curious – and lifelong learners.
- They know how to observe and listen to your customers.
- They know how to “trim the fat”, or cut the excess.
- They’re able to write to make connections.
- They have the writing prowess to change your clients’ perspective.
- They know the rules of their craft – and ultimately, when they can violate them.
- They know SEO.
- They’re observant and good at telling stories.
How do I know when to hire a Copywriter?
- You are creating a website or landing page.
- You’re creating print materials for your business.
- You need a writer that knows SEO.
- You need someone to critique and/or improve on your copy.
- You don’t know how to write for marketing.
- You’re not a professional writer yourself.
Questions about hiring a copywriter? Give us a call! 321-574-3854. You can also email us about your content and copywriting needs at firstname.lastname@example.org. We serve small businesses nationwide.