Do you take part in LinkedIn Groups – or have one for your business? New changes are beginning to roll out as we speak.
LinkedIn is rebuilding the function and reintegrating it into the main LinkedIn website and mobile application – so it’s easier to use on behalf of all parties. If you are a current group member, you will start noticing the changes this week.
According to the networking site’s Groups spokesperson, Chloe:
- It will now be easier to access Groups from the LinkedIn homepage, which enhances the visibility of group conversations in the main feed
- The changes will give you the ability to manage your group in the LinkedIn iOS and Android apps
- Enhanced Notifications will help you stay up to date on what’s happening
- New features will allow you to reply to comments, edit posts and comments, and post native video much easier
If you’re ready to add another task to your to-do list, there’s no need. Each group will be migrated automatically. While these changes are taking place, please note:
- Moderation queues will be temporarily unavailable.
- Admin roles will be streamlined to owners and managers only.
- Admin and auto-generated group emails (including digests, automated templates, and announcements) will be unavailable
In the coming months, LinkedIn also promises that you’ll see new and better ways to manage communities. If you have any questions about the update, visit the LinkedIn Help Center – or contact us at email@example.com.